Today, the Economic Policy Institute released Investing in America’s economy: A budget blueprint for economic recovery, a budget plan that prioritizes economic recovery while also putting the country on a sustainable budget path. The plan was developed as part of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s Solutions Initiative II, which convened organizations with a variety of perspectives to develop plans addressing our nation’s fiscal challenges. The American Action Network, Bipartisan Policy Center, Center for American Progress, Economic Policy Institute, and The Heritage Foundation had discretion and independence to develop their own goals and propose comprehensive solutions. The final plans developed by the five organizations were presented today at a forum convened by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, Post Election: The Fiscal Cliff and Beyond. The work of the five think tanks was supported by grants from the foundation. The Peterson Foundation’s involvement with this project does not represent endorsement of any plan.
- Executive summary of Investing in America’s economy: A budget blueprint for economic recovery, EPI’s proposed federal budget for the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s Solutions Initiative II (PDF)
- Summary tables and figures for Investing in America’s economy: A budget blueprint for economic recovery (PDF)
- Press release: EPI releases budget proposal that creates jobs, lets Bush-era tax cuts expire and strengthens social safety net
- The ‘fiscal cliff’ and beyond: Principles for upcoming budget debates, a policy memo outlining EPI’s principles for addressing the so-called fiscal cliff and future projected budget deficits
- Summary of the different plans, and access to the full plans from each organization