Figure 7T

Share of bottom-fifth household income accounted for by wages, cash transfers, and in-kind income, 1979–2007

Note: Wages, cash transfers, and in-kind income comprise, on average, 88 percent of all pretax income for the bottom fifth. The other 12 percent is made up of capital gains, proprietors' income, other business income, interest and dividends, pensions, imputed taxes, and other income.

Source: Authors' analysis of Congressional Budget Office (2010a)

Copy the code below to embed this chart on your website.

Previous chart: «

Next chart: »