Today at 4:00 p.m. Eastern, Economic Policy Institute Director of Research Josh Bivens will join other top economists for an Invest in America press call to react to this week’s Consumer Price Index (CPI), Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell’s testimony during today’s House Financial Services Committee hearing, and what it all means for the Biden administration’s agenda. Register for the call here.
Economists maintain that inflation is likely transitory and not a long-term concern and that the recent public investments in the American Rescue Plan are responsible for increased projections of economic growth, wage increases, and job creation.
- Josh Bivens, Director of Research at Economic Policy Institute
- Mike Konczal, Director of Progressive Thought at the Roosevelt Institute
- Rakeen Mabud, Managing Director of Policy and Research and Chief Economist at Groundwork Collaborative
- Economists offer their thoughts and reactions to the latest CPI report and Chair Powell’s testimony to the House Financial Services Committee.
- Wednesday, July 14 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern.
- RSVP for the press call here