On Thursday at 4:00 p.m. Eastern, the Economic Policy Institute will host a discussion with leading experts to explore the findings from EPI’s recent report, Identifying the Policy Levers Generating Wage Suppression and Wage Inequality, and discuss proposals on how to eliminate wage suppression. A loss of $10/hour in the typical worker’s compensation is the result of employers’ successful efforts to keep wage growth down over the past 40 years, according to the report.
Jared Bernstein of President Biden’s Council of Economic Advisers—and former EPI economist—will speak about wage suppression and the policies needed to address it.
Bernstein will join the authors of the report—Josh Bivens, director of research at EPI, and Lawrence Mishel, distinguished fellow at EPI—as well as Suresh Naidu of Columbia University and Anna Stansbury of Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Naomi Walker, director of the Economic Analysis and Research Network (EARN) at EPI, will moderate. Register here.
- Jared Bernstein, Member, Council of Economic Advisers
- Lawrence Mishel, Economic Policy Institute
- Josh Bivens, Economic Policy Institute
- Suresh Naidu, Columbia University
- Anna Stansbury, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Moderator: Naomi Walker, Economic Analysis and Research Network, Economic Policy Institute
When: Thursday, July 29, 4:00 p.m.–5:30 p.m. Eastern