What we read today
EPI experts read the following articles today:
- Can We Stabilize the Debt with Just $670 Billion in Deficit Reduction? (Next New Deal)
- Don’t focus on the deficit, Mr. President (Washington Post)
- Meat inspections could stall if federal spending cuts kick in (Des Moines Register)
- Increasing the Social Security Payroll Tax Base: Options and Effects on Tax Burdens (Congressional Research Service)
- No end to the GOP’s fiscal gimmickry (Washington Post)
- Quietly Killing a Consumer Watchdog (New York Times)
- In China, a Vast Chasm Between the Rich and the Rest (New York Times)
Enjoyed this post?
Sign up for EPI's newsletter so you never miss our research and insights on ways to make the economy work better for everyone.