This year marks the Economic Policy Institute’s 25th year of championing American workers and their families. EPI celebrated this milestone on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C., by honoring Paul Krugman, Ray Marshall, and the leaders of Wisconsin’s labor community.
Click through the photo slideshows and watch the videos below for more on EPI at 25 and our distinguished honorees:
- Video: EPI at 25 (16 minutes)
- Slideshow: Photos from EPI’s 25th anniversary
- Video: Honoring Paul Krugman (6 minutes)
- Video: Krugman’s acceptance speech (5 minutes)
- Video: Honoring Ray Marshall (7 minutes)
- Slideshow: Honoring Wisconsin workers
- Slideshow: The people of EPI
To view the gallery in full screen mode, click here.
More on EPI at 25
- “With a staff of fewer than 40 and an operating budget of $7 million, EPI now punches well above its weight in Washington…” — Read more from Steven Pearlstein’s Washington Post column
- “The institute’s success demonstrates just how powerful it is when you combine intellectual integrity with commitment, when you make a point of doing the math right, but also never forget that you stand for something.” — Read more from Paul Krugman’s blog post
- Donna Brazile congratulates EPI on 25 years of success
- Details from the dinner: Host committee | Honorary committee | Sponsors