NewsFlash: August 6, 2008
Examining the New 2007 Census Data On Poverty, Income, and Health Insurance Coverage
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and EPI host joint news conference call
News Conference Call, Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 1:00 p.m. (ET)
With availability for on-camera interviews at the Center from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (ET)
The Economic Policy Institute and the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities will hold a joint conference call briefing for journalists Tuesday, August 26, at 1:00 p.m. (ET) to provide analysis of the new Census Bureau figures for 2007 on poverty, income, and health insurance coverage that will be released at 10:00 a.m. (ET) that morning.
Please register for the news conference call online or by e-mailing email@example.com . You can also call the Center’s media office at (202) 408-1080 or EPI’s communications office at (202)775-8810.
Expert analysis from:
Robert Greenstein, Executive Director, CBPP
Sharon Parrott, Director of the Welfare Reform and Income Support Division, CBPP
Jared Bernstein, Director, Living Standards Program, Economic Policy Institute
Among the topics the briefing will cover are:
- What do the new data show about poverty and poverty trends for the population as a whole and for specific demographic groups such as children and racial minorities?
- What do the data show regarding trends in income and in income disparities?
- What do the data show about the number and percentage of Americans in general, and of particular groups of Americans, who lack health insurance?
- What do the data suggest about how low-income Americans and the middle class fared over the course of the economic recovery that peaked in 2007, and how does this compare to how they did in previous recoveries?
- What are the policy implications of these data?
After opening remarks, the panelists will take questions. Robert Greenstein and Jared Bernstein will be available for on-camera interviews from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (ET) at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities located at 820 First Street NE, Suite 510, Washington, DC 20002.
To participate, please register online at < http://www.cbpp.org/confcall-pov.htm > or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling the Center’s media office at (202) 408-1080 or EPI’s communications office at 202-775-8810.
For interviews or more information, contact the EPI Communications Department at 202-775-8810 or email@example.com.
Click here for how to describe EPI.