The next president of the United States, regardless of who wins the election, is expected to pursue corporate tax reform in their first one hundred days. But this alone won’t be enough to tackle the nation’s biggest economic challenges: stagnant wages, crumbling infrastructure, high income inequality, climate change, and more.
Join the Economic Policy Institute and the Century Foundation’s Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative on November 16th to discuss comprehensive tax reform and progressive fiscal policy with the nation’s leading experts and policymakers including Reps. Keith Ellison (D-MN) and Sander Levin (D-MI) and EPI’s Josh Bivens.
When: Thursday, November 17, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Registration for this event will begin at 8:30am.
Where: The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
1400 M Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
- Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Co-Chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus
- Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI), Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee
- Frank Ackerman, Synapse Energy Economics
- Reuven Avi-Yonah, University of Michigan Law
- Dean Baker, Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Josh Bivens, Economic Policy Institute
- David Borris, Main Street Alliance
- Matthew Gardner, The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy
- Jane Gravelle, Congressional Research Service
- Thomas Hungerford, Social Security Administration
- Jeff Madrick, Bernard L. Schwartz Rediscovering Government Initiative at TCF
- Kathleen Romig, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities
- Jay Shambaugh, Member of Council of Economic Advisors, George Washington University Institute for International Economic Policy
- Eric Toder, Tax Policy Center