Share this posting
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) is seeking a Digital Audience Strategist to further EPI’s digital profile and reach by posting regularly on social media, coordinating webinars and livestreamed in-person events, and supporting the email marketing program.
The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that researches the impact of economic trends and policies, centering the economic interests of workers in the United States. EPI is a key institution in the movement for racial, gender, and economic justice in the United States and is widely recognized as a source of authoritative analysis on economic trends, with a particular focus on inequality and the forces that diminish the power of people of color and women.
EPI has a strong commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and we believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is essential to its core work. With a unionized staff, generous benefits, and the same pro-worker principles guiding both our culture and our work, EPI lives its values.
Please note that EPI is a hybrid workplace with attendance in our Washington, DC, office required at least two days per week (currently Tuesday and Wednesday).
What You Will Do
- Daily posting on social media across all platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and TikTok); monitoring social media for trends and ideas and to expand EPI researchers’ platforms; and coordinating with creative team to boost social engagement. The candidate should also have rapid response experience on social media and be able to advise the communications team on rapid response strategies.
- Maintain a daily social media calendar.
- Create weekly and monthly social media analytics reports.
- Assist with media outreach, press requests, and press release writing as needed.
- Create weekly and monthly media analytics reports.
- Compile and send weekly press clips.
- Coordinate all public EPI events by coordinating event themes; scheduling speakers; developing run of show and reviewing it with the speakers; working with the graphic design team to set up slides and website events pages; writing invites and coordinating with the email team for invite dissemination; and monitoring day-of logistics for events.
- Assist email marketing team to produce weekly newsletters and emails.
Who You Are
We do not expect that every candidate will have this full range of experiences, but the following qualities and experience are highly desirable:
- Experience with social media posting, with an emphasis on TikTok and Instagram, and analytics tracking.
- Experience producing events, including online webinars and in-person events.
- Experience with writing and editing blog posts and general website content.
- Experience with paid social media marketing.
- Experience using WordPress for web publishing.
- Experience using Monday.com or other project management systems.
- Experience working for a nonprofit or think tank, preferably focused on policy change and/or advocacy.
- Hill and labor campaign experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with all EPI staffers and outside partners.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Understand and support the Economic Policy Institute’s mission to use the tools of economics to defend and promote the interests of workers in economic policy debates.
- A big plus: some experience with Google Ad Grants.
Education: B.A./B.S. or equivalent professional experience
Experience: 2 to 5 years of communications experience
Salary and Benefits
EPI is a unionized workplace with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union (NPEU). This position is in the bargaining unit and reports to the Deputy Communications Director.
The salary for this position ranges from $65,000 to $75,000, dependent on experience, plus benefits.
EPI offers an excellent benefits package, including generous paid time off, a 9.25% employer-provided 401k retirement contribution, eight weeks of parental leave, and fully employer-funded medical, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance for individual employees.
This position is based at the Economic Policy Institute in Washington, D.C. As a condition of employment, EPI requires all staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination which meets the guidelines recommended by the CDC. Currently, the CDC recommends that everyone ages five years and older receive 1 dose of updated (2023–2024 Formula) mRNA COVID-19 vaccine.
Candidates should send a cover letter highlighting their relevant experience and explaining their interest in working at the Economic Policy Institute, along with resume, to email@example.com with “Digital audience strategist” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EPI believes that having a diverse and inclusive workplace not only strengthens the institute’s work but is also essential for understanding and creating economic policies that support all working people. EPI is an equal opportunity, fair chance, affirmative action employer, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior history of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, caregiver status, or other categories protected by law.Back to careers page