What’s your New Year’s resolution? Ours is to continue providing insights on how the economy works and for whom it’s working. Check out this week’s featured blog posts as we try to make good on our resolution:
- Josh Bivens elaborates on why a better economy in 2012 is far from guaranteed.
- Ross Eisenbrey explains how unpaid internships hurt economic mobility.
- Speaking of mobility, Elise Gould and Natalie Sabadish warn that it will worsen as inequality increases.
- Rebecca Thiess exposes Mitt Romney’s tax plan for the 1 percent.
- President Obama angered the GOP with a recess appointment to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, but Algernon Austin applauds the move and what it means for consumers.
- Andrew Fieldhouse breaks down Rick Santorum’s farcical proposal to cap federal spending at 18 percent of GDP.