The Economic Policy Institute’s new Web site is live at the usual spot, www.epi.org. We hope you’ll visit and come back often for links to articles, testimony, research, and analysis by our experts that will be frequently updated. The new site is designed for flexibility, timeliness, and ease of navigation. Think of us as a daily take on economic news as it affects the very broad middle class, which has been EPI’s perspective since it was founded 22 years ago.
On the new site, you’ll find:
• Home page feature–a brief article prominently displayed with art that will highlight significant research, economic developments, or new policy proposals. This will link to new and archived materials as well as to outside sources.
• Economic Snapshot–EPI’s weekly chart of interesting economic indicators will be given greater prominence on the home page.
• Quick take–an information bullet and quote from a researcher on a breaking announcement or news, to be released within an hour of the event.
• Worth reading–an aggregation of links to newspaper and journal articles, blogs, testimony, and reports on our issues.
• Issues pages–a landing page for each of our primary issues (such as living standards, public investment, trade, and workforce protections) with links to all related EPI research and analysis. These pages are currently being built out and will have steadily increasing content over the coming months.
• Resources–a place for academics, activists, and others who want hands-on tools to understand and explain the economy. This area, also being built out, will include EPI’s popular Basic Family Budget Calculator, the Datazone, and printable fact sheets.
• Email and RSS–sign-up for any or all of our features.
The Web site is, and always will be, a work in progress as we seek to use its full potential, take advantage of new technologies, and respond to feedback from our visitors (email@example.com). At a time of seismic political and economic change, we are committed to be part of the conversation of change. Please recommend us to your friends and colleagues, and return often.